Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Camaleón

Default Popcon usage (online tool)

Hello,

I would like to compare the numbers for some packages within the Popcon¹
online tool to get a quick feedback, but it seems to be limited to just
one query at a time (I mean, I would like to get something like "http://
qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=package_one&package=package_two " and
obtain the stats -in one page- of the selected packages).

Is there a (non-obvious-or-tricked) way to get this?

¹ http://popcon.debian.org/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Ralph Katz

On 08/05/2010 12:18 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to compare the numbers for some packages within the Popcon¹
> online tool to get a quick feedback, but it seems to be limited to just
> one query at a time (I mean, I would like to get something like "http://
> qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=package_one&package=package_two " and
> obtain the stats -in one page- of the selected packages).
>
> Is there a (non-obvious-or-tricked) way to get this?
>
> ¹ http://popcon.debian.org/

You could just grab the files from links on that page and search locally.

Regards,
Ralph

Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Camaleón

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 20:11:55 -0400, Ralph Katz wrote:

> On 08/05/2010 12:18 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> I would like to compare the numbers for some packages within the
>> Popcon¹ online tool to get a quick feedback, but it seems to be limited
>> to just one query at a time (I mean, I would like to get something like
>> "http://
>> qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=package_one&package=package_two " and
>> obtain the stats -in one page- of the selected packages).
>>
>> Is there a (non-obvious-or-tricked) way to get this?
>>
>> ¹ http://popcon.debian.org/
>
> You could just grab the files from links on that page and search
> locally.

Thanks for the hint.

Indeed, downloading the file (vote) and a simple "grep" does the job
pretty well.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón