-   -   metacity opening windows a layer below (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/408581-metacity-opening-windows-layer-below.html)

"Michael P. Soulier" 08-04-2010 04:32 PM

metacity opening windows a layer below

Hi,

Using Lenny with the standard Gnome desktop UI. I've noticed that many of the
windows that I open end up being opened in a layer below existing windows. It
is not predictable, but sometimes metacity just decides to put the new window
at a layer below existing windows, and not just windows that I've selected as
to always be above all others.

I glanced in the gconf properties for metacity but I didn't see anything that
seemed relevant. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
--Albert Einstein

Camaleón 08-04-2010 04:52 PM

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:32:41 -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> Using Lenny with the standard Gnome desktop UI. I've noticed that many
> of the windows that I open end up being opened in a layer below existing
> windows.

(...)

Check that "[ ] Always on top" property of the window is not enabled.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

"Michael P. Soulier" 08-04-2010 08:38 PM

On 04/08/10 Camaleón said:

> Check that "[ ] Always on top" property of the window is not enabled.

As I said, this is happening in interaction with windows where this property
is not set.

Mike

Camaleón 08-04-2010 08:49 PM

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 16:38:15 -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> On 04/08/10 Camaleón said:
>
>> Check that "[ ] Always on top" property of the window is not enabled.
>
> As I said, this is happening in interaction with windows where this
> property is not set.

Ah, okay, I missed that information.

Can you reproduce that effect with a new and fresh created user? Maybe
your user profile got messed somehow.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón