Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Tingez Unknown

Default Anti virus and Firewall

Hi all Debian people,

Firstly i am very new to Debian so please
excuse me for my lack of understanding. I have recently got a Dedicated
server box for my gaming Clan and have had Debian 5 64bit installed on
it. Now as we will eventually be using the server for our web site for
forums, Emails, sending and receiving files and all other aspects web
site related, fast redirect downloading system for game server maps,
mods etc., ftp, Big brother bot game server software and game servers of
varying games.

I am looking for any suggestions regarding Anti virus and firewall
software that is suitable with your Debian 5 64bit operating system.
Wanting to add as much security as possible to our server to reduce any
problems we may encounter. I would like any suggestions as to the best
software that can be used either paid for or freeware if you would be so
kind.

Kind Regards

Martin