-   -   How do I automate standard input for interactive shell programs? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/408180-how-do-i-automate-standard-input-interactive-shell-programs.html)

"Timothy Legg" 08-03-2010 08:15 PM

How do I automate standard input for interactive shell programs?

Hello,

I was bored. I was playing the worm game from bsdutils and through the
tedium of it all, a thought passed through my mind. "Hey, this can be
automated. By following a repetitive procedure, I can win the game - any
time, every time!" It also occured to me that computers are very well
suited for following repetitive steps, so I thought I would go about
coding a solution.

I believe that having solonoid operated cursor keys is a bit overbuilt,
clunky and is too much like a Goldberg machine for my taste. So I am
looking for suggestions on how I can emulate a user at standard input
pressing the cursor keys.

Any suggestions?

Tim Legg
~