Old 08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Curt Howland

Default wget question

Old 08-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Jordon Bedwell

On 8/3/2010 2:56 PM, Curt Howland wrote:

Hi.

I've wanted to do one thing with wget that just seems like it should
be easy, but I haven't been able to get a combination of "recurse"
and "level" that will do it.

All I want to do is download all the files in a specific directory.

The directories are viewable, for example,

http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/

But wget http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/ just gets the index.html
file, wget http://media.mises.org/mp3/MU2010/* returns an error, and
the one time I put -r for recursion, it started downloading
everything in the http://media.mises.org/mp3/ directory!

Does anyone have a trick? Using Konqueror and click-and-dragging every
single file is a long, boring task that wears out my mouse.

Curt-

Check out: http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/wget/wget_31.html it has some
neat tricks for wget, perhaps some along the lines of what you want. I
would test a few but my server is too smart for wget and flat out tells
it where it can go.