Old 08-03-2010, 05:20 PM
郭家华

Default how to config /etc/fetchmailrc

I wander how to config /etc/fetchmailrc
I configed it as below:

------------------------------
set postmaster "xyz"
set bouncemail
set no spambounce
set properties ""
poll imap.gmail.com with proto IMAP user XXXXX pass XXXXX ssl fetchall

------------------------------
my debian username is xyz

but all the mails is fetched to /var/mail/fetchmail, not /var/mail/xyz
I wander why and how to let all mails be fetched into /var/mail/xyz

BTW, I found all mails have been fetched is no longer in the INBOX, for my gmail. I wander can I make mails stay in the INBOX.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue August 3 2010, *家华 wrote:
> poll imap.gmail.com with proto IMAP user XXXXX pass XXXXX is xyz here ssl
fetchall
> ------------------------------
> my debian username is xyz
>
> but all the mails is fetched to /var/mail/fetchmail, not /var/mail/xyz
> I wander why and how to let all mails be fetched into /var/mail/xyz

try this:
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Tue August 3 2010, *家华 wrote:
> poll imap.gmail.com with proto IMAP user XXXXX pass XXXXX ssl fetchall
> my debian username is xyz
>
> but all the mails is fetched to /var/mail/fetchmail, not /var/mail/xyz
> I wander why and how to let all mails be fetched into /var/mail/xyz
>
> BTW, I found all mails have been fetched is no longer in the INBOX, for my
> gmail. I wander can I make mails stay in the INBOX.

don't use fetchall, use keep.

poll imap.gmail.com with proto IMAP user XXXXX pass XXXXX is user xyz ssl
keep