Old 08-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Marcelo Laia

Default Onboard ethernet adapter lights not flash anymore... Network not connect too!

Hi,

Suddenly, my onboard ethernet adapter lights not flash anymore and my
network not connect too! I already have changed the cable and nothing
goes up.

Now, I only could connect by wireless network.

Have you any clue to me?

My system:

Debian testing

Linux laia 2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10 06:32:16 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

--
Marcelo Luiz de Laia
Diamantina - MG - Brasil (Brazil)

Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Camaleón

On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:39:31 -0300, Marcelo Laia wrote:

> Suddenly, my onboard ethernet adapter lights not flash anymore and my
> network not connect too! I already have changed the cable and nothing
> goes up.

Does the system detect the ethernet network adapter?

"/usr/bin/lspci | grep Ethernet" will tell.

Also, did the kernel properly configure the card?

"/sbin/ifconfig" will tell.

I think it could be a kernel detection/configuration issue (kernel 2.6.34
fails to detect my wired intel nic) or just a hardware issue (card went
bad/died).

Also, check the swicth port you are connecting to is in good shape.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón