Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM
TooMeeK

Default Setting up local Debian mirror

Hello,

I would like enjoy and help Debian project exsist This is really
great OS for any network usage, so I'm trying to use it everywhere
where it can be used.

Recently, I finished upgrading my server, now I'm expecting bandwith
increase.

Currently, my network connection is 2048kbps download at day, 4096
kbps at night and 512 kbps upload for both. I'm expecting bandwith
upgrade within days (10Mbit down at day, 20Mbit at night, 2Mbit
upload).

Server is using HFSC shaping method for my local LAN, becouse I need
low latency (gaming, ssh...), it's based on:

http://automatthias.wordpress.com/2006/06/30/hfsc-and-voip/

but with default Debian kernel (2.6.30-2-686) and default iproute
(iproute2-ss080725)

Unfortunately, I'm using DynDNS service for domain name, becouse I
don't know exacly how Bind works and even if I have static IP I'm
unable to configure it.

So my domain name is using dyndns service on Linux box.

I used following how-to to create local Debian mirror:

http://www.howtoforge.com/local_debian_ubuntu_mirror

Here are my config files:

/etc/apt/mirror.list

############# config ##################

#

set base_path*** /home2/apt-mirror

#

# if you change the base path you must create the directories
below with write privlages

#

set mirror_path* $base_path/mirror

set skel_path*** $base_path/skel

set var_path**** $base_path/var

set cleanscript $var_path/clean.sh

set defaultarch* i386

set nthreads**** 15

set _tilde 0

#

############# end config ##############

#Standard sources

deb http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian
lenny main contrib non-free

deb-src http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian
lenny main contrib non-free

deb-amd64 http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian
lenny main contrib non-free

deb-amd64-src http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian
lenny main contrib non-free

clean http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian

skip-clean http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian-cd/

skip-clean http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/doc/

skip-clean http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/tools/

skip-clean http://ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/project/

# from oryginal sources - Debian

deb http://security.debian.org/
lenny/updates main contrib

deb-src http://security.debian.org/
lenny/updates main contrib

#clean http://security.debian.org/

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile
lenny/volatile main contrib

deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile
lenny/volatile main contrib

#clean http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile

deb-amd64 http://security.debian.org/
lenny/updates main contrib

deb-amd64-src http://security.debian.org/
lenny/updates main contrib

clean http://security.debian.org/

deb-amd64 http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile
lenny/volatile main contrib

deb-amd64-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile
lenny/volatile main contrib

clean http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile

# Ubuntu Desktop 64bit - this is planned to be included (including
Ubuntu Server)

#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid main restricted universe multiverse

#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-updates main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-updates main restricted universe multiverse

#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-backports main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-backports main restricted universe multiverse

#deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-proposed main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
lucid-proposed main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu
lucid partner

#deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
lucid-security main restricted universe multiverse

#deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
lucid-security main restricted universe multiverse

#deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/
lucid free non-free

#deb-src http://packages.medibuntu.org/
lucid free non-free

#deb http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ubuntuzilla/apt
all main

/etc/cron.d/apt-mirror

#

# Regular cron jobs for the apt-mirror package

#

0 0**** * * 1** apt-mirror***** /usr/bin/apt-mirror >
/var/spool/apt-mirror/var/cron.log

0 20*** * * 1** apt-mirror***** /bin/bash
/home2/apt-mirror/var/clean.sh

Apache root:

user@server:~$ ls -l /var/www/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root**** root****** 50 lip 27 22:25 debian ->
/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/ftp.pl.debian.org/debian/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root**** root****** 61 lip 27 22:25 debian-volatile
->
/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root**** root****** 23 lip 26 19:41 fotorainko ->
/home2/Voolf/www/joomla

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data* 151 cze* 4 22:34 index2.php

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data** 27 lip* 9 00:27 index.html

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data** 45 lip* 9 00:27 index.html~

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data* 218 cze* 4 22:47 index.php

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data* 217 cze* 4 22:47 index.php~

drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 lip* 9 00:27 inne2

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root**** root****** 45 lip 27 22:25 security ->
/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/security.debian.org/

So my sources should be available at:

http://tomcio.podzone.org/debian/*******

---> Debian main contrib non-free

http://tomcio.podzone.org/security/*****

---> Security updates

http://tomcio.podzone.org/debian-volatile/**

---> Debian volatile

So, when I'm typing these links it just doesn't work returning me
error that file cannot be found on /debian directory.

What I'm doing wrong?

Debian user

Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Camaleˇn

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 09:09:02 +0200, TooMeeK wrote:

(...)

> I used following how-to to create local Debian mirror:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/local_debian_ubuntu_mirror

(...)

> So my sources should be available at: http://tomcio.podzone.org/debian/
> ---> Debian main contrib non-free
> http://tomcio.podzone.org/security/ ---> Security updates
> http://tomcio.podzone.org/debian-volatile/ ---> Debian volatile
>
> So, when I'm typing these links it just doesn't work returning me error
> that file cannot be found on /debian directory. /What I'm doing wrong?/

I'm not sure if you mean this, but I can download all the files from
there just fine :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleˇn

Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Camale├│n

El 2010-08-03 a las 09:33 +0200, TooMeeK escribi├│:

(resending to the list)

> When I'm doing *aptitude update* I receive:

Please, set the locale to English (just for this time) so we can get
the error. Run:

export LANG=en_US.UTF-8; sudo aptitude update

> tomcio@server:~$ sudo aptitude update
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main Release.gpg
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/contrib Translation-pl
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/non-free Translation-pl
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/main Translation-pl
> Pobieranie:1 file: lenny/updates Release.gpg [835B]
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/contrib Translation-pl
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/main Translation-pl
> Pobieranie:2 file: lenny/volatile Release.gpg [481B]
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/contrib Translation-pl
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main Release
> Pobieranie:3 file: lenny/updates Release [40,8kB]
> Pobieranie:4 file: lenny/volatile Release [40,7kB]
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/contrib Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/non-free Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/contrib Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/main/non-free Packages
> B┼é─ůd file: lenny/main/contrib Packages
> * Nie odnaleziono pliku*
> B┼é─ůd file: lenny/main/non-free Packages
> * Nie odnaleziono pliku*
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/main Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/contrib Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/main Sources
> Ignorowane file: lenny/updates/contrib Sources
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/main Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/contrib Packages
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/main Sources
> Ignorowane file: lenny/volatile/contrib Sources
> Czytanie list pakiet├│w... Gotowe
>
> "Nie odnaleziono pliku" = "Cannot find file"

It seems to complain about just one file :-?

Check the log. I barely use aptitude but maybe there is something
interesthing under "/var/log/aptitude"

> added following sources:
>
> #From HDD
> /*
> deb file:/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/ftp.pl.debian.org/debian lenny/main contrib non-free
> deb file:/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
> deb-src file:/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
> deb file:/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
> deb-src file:/home2/apt-mirror/mirror/volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
> */
>
> ------ Wiadomo┼Ť─ç oryginalna ------
> Temat: Setting up local Debian mirror
> Data: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:09:46 +0200
> Nadawca: TooMeeK <toomeek_85@o2.pl>
> Adresat: mirrors@debian.org

Leaving the complete message so people can also see it.

Greetings,

--
Camale├│n