Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Kuniyasu Suzaki

Default Download statistics

Hello,

Are there any statistics for Debian package download?
I want know the difference of download for binary package(*.deb) and
source package(*.dsc, *.tar.gz, diff.gz).

Thank you.

------
suzaki

Old 08-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Alexander Batischev

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 02:38:07PM +0900, Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:
> Are there any statistics for Debian package download?
> I want know the difference of download for binary package(*.deb) and
> source package(*.dsc, *.tar.gz, diff.gz).
What do you mean? Do you want to know which percentage of people prefers
downloading .debs over source packages, or what? Or maybe you want to know a
size of specific package in binary and source form without downloading it?
Please make it more clear.

Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35 4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81

Old 08-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Klistvud

Dne, 02. 08. 2010 07:38:07 je Kuniyasu Suzaki napisal(a):

Hello,

Are there any statistics for Debian package download?
I want know the difference of download for binary package(*.deb) and
source package(*.dsc, *.tar.gz, diff.gz).

Thank you.

------
suzaki

Debian popularity contest perhaps?

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com

Please reply to the list, not to me.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:38:07 +0900, Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:

> Are there any statistics for Debian package download? I want know the
> difference of download for binary package(*.deb) and source
> package(*.dsc, *.tar.gz, diff.gz).

I'll take it as you want to know what is people downloading more, if
".deb" packages or ".dsc"/".tar.gz"/"diff.gz" files, right?

I could only found this page which seems to handle some statistics about
Debian:

http://wiki.debian.org/Statistics

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 08-04-2010, 01:11 AM
Kuniyasu Suzaki

Hello,

>>From: Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
>>Subject: Re: Download statistics
>>
>>On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 14:38:07 +0900, Kuniyasu Suzaki wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any statistics for Debian package download? I want know the
>>> difference of download for binary package(*.deb) and source
>>> package(*.dsc, *.tar.gz, diff.gz).
>>
>>I'll take it as you want to know what is people downloading more, if
>>".deb" packages or ".dsc"/".tar.gz"/"diff.gz" files, right?
>>
>>I could only found this page which seems to handle some statistics about
>>Debian:
>>
>>http://wiki.debian.org/Statistics

Thank you. The home page looks good. It includes the traffic of package download.
However, I want to know the difference of binary and source download.
Especially I want to know the rate of source code download per binary package.
Is there any other good statistics?

------
suzaki

Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Kuniyasu Suzaki

Hello,

>>From: Kuniyasu Suzaki <k.suzaki@aist.go.jp>
>>Subject: Re: Download statistics

>>Thank you. The home page looks good. It includes the traffic of package download.
>>However, I want to know the difference of binary and source download.
>>Especially I want to know the rate of source code download per binary package.
>>Is there any other good statistics?

I get an interesting reply on debian-users JP ML from Muto-san.
He tell me the statistics of .deb and .dsc download on "ftp.jp.debian.org" in last 4 weeks.
.deb: 776055
.dsc: 293

In simple comparison, 1 .src file is download per 2,600 .deb downloads.
It is interesting rate. I think it means something to consider.
I want to know the situation on other download site.

------
suzaki