-   -   cups printing stops half the way mostly (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/407176-cups-printing-stops-half-way-mostly.html)

Paul Cartwright 08-01-2010 11:39 PM

On Sun August 1 2010, T o n g wrote:
> My printings print fine only if there is minimum to print on the page. If
> there are more content in the page, the printing will stop less than half
> of the page, only about 1/3 to be more correct.

I used to have that problem printing PDF files, or pictures, or large WORD
docs with lots of graphics. Additional memory helped. This might not be your
problem, but if you don't have more than 1 GB memory, it could be an issue..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

T o n g 08-02-2010 01:24 AM

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:39:57 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

>> My printings print fine only if there is minimum to print on the page.
>> If there are more content in the page, the printing will stop less than
>> half of the page, only about 1/3 to be more correct.
>
> I used to have that problem printing PDF files, or pictures, or large
> WORD docs with lots of graphics. Additional memory helped. This might
> not be your problem, but if you don't have more than 1 GB memory, it
> could be an issue..

No, memory for the computer is not the issue, I have 4G memory for the
computer. Moreover, it used to work fine with Etch on my old PC which has
less than 1 GB memory.

Thanks for your reply any way.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)