Old 07-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Patrick Wiseman

Default Successful install of nautilus-dropbox from Ubuntu deb leaves dependency error

Hello, all:

I installed the amd54 Ubuntu deb of nautilus-dropbox. In order to do
that, I had to override a dependency problem:

dpkg --force-depends-version -i nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 230573 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace nautilus-dropbox 0.6.3 (using
nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement nautilus-dropbox ...
dpkg: nautilus-dropbox: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as
you requested:
nautilus-dropbox depends on libnautilus-extension1 (>= 1:2.22.2); however:
Version of libnautilus-extension1 on system is 2.30.1-1.
Setting up nautilus-dropbox (0.6.3) ...

Evidently the lib-nautilus package in testing is actually OK, being
later than the one expected, which is why I felt confident in forcing
the install. And the application installed and works flawlessly. But
now aptitude complains of a dependency error and recommends removing
nautilus-dropbox. I shall, of course, ignore the recommendation, but
is there any way to tell aptitude that all is actually well?

Thanks
Patrick

Old 07-31-2010, 07:19 AM
Vincenzo Tibullo

2010/7/31 Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@gmail.com>:
> Hello, all:
>
> I installed the amd54 Ubuntu deb of nautilus-dropbox. *In order to do
> that, I had to override a dependency problem:
>
> dpkg --force-depends-version -i nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb
> (Reading database ... 230573 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to replace nautilus-dropbox 0.6.3 (using
> nautilus-dropbox_0.6.3_amd64.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement nautilus-dropbox ...
> dpkg: nautilus-dropbox: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as
> you requested:
> *nautilus-dropbox depends on libnautilus-extension1 (>= 1:2.22.2); however:
> *Version of libnautilus-extension1 on system is 2.30.1-1.
> Setting up nautilus-dropbox (0.6.3) ...
>
> Evidently the lib-nautilus package in testing is actually OK, being
> later than the one expected, which is why I felt confident in forcing
> the install. *And the application installed and works flawlessly. *But
> now aptitude complains of a dependency error and recommends removing
> nautilus-dropbox. *I shall, of course, ignore the recommendation, but
> is there any way to tell aptitude that all is actually well?

But dropbox is not in debian repo now?
Btw, when it was not, a picked up ubuntu version like you, but
modified the .deb this way
1) unpacking it with dpkg-deb -x, dpkg-deb -e
2) modifying 1:2.22.2 to 2.22.2 in the control file
3) repacking it with dpkg-deb -b
hope this help

--
enzotib