Old 07-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Ramasubramanian Ramesh

Default How to get rid of this firewall error.

Hi:

My syslog and console window is repeatedly printing the follwing
message from my firewall setup. I cannot figure out which program or
service is printing this message. My first preference is to modify the
source behavior. The second choice is to stop printing the message.
I guess I could edit the firewall script. But, I like to get some expert
feedback before I proceed this way.

Thanks
Ramesh

Archive: 4C522072.2070303@ti.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C522072.2070303@ti.com

Old 07-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Ramasubramanian Ramesh

It would have helped if I actually include the message :-) Here it is:

[2709614.616138] IN=eth1 OUT=
MAC=00:16:e6:84:37:c5:00:0f:db:5c:a0:58:08:00 SRC=192.168.1.1
DST=192.168.1.47 LEN=36 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=37027 PROTO=ICMP
TYPE=8 CODE=0 ID=60352 SEQ=0

192.168.1.47 is my firewall connected to the DSL modem/router (which I
think must be 192.168.1.1)

Ramesh