Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Madhurya Kakati

Default need native app to listen to internet radios

Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
prefer shoutcast.
Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 04:39 PM
John Hasler

Madhurya Kakati writes:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

Tunapie2 works for me.
--
John Hasler

Old 07-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Jo, 29 iul 10, 22:00:30, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

I have no idea what shoutcast is (and I'm too lazy to google), but I
can't think of any reasonable music player with mp3 support[1] that
can't play internet streams. I have played around to various degrees
with:

mpd (music player daemon - using it right now with Radio Guerrilla - La
Unica Radio Con Cojones http://live.eliberadio.ro:8000 or 8002)
moc (music on console, executable 'mocp')
xmms (winamp clone, deprecated)
xmms2
audacious (sadly the only xmms/winamp clone left that I know of)
bmpx
mplayer
vlc
mpg123
mpg321

[1] that should exclude exclude things like 'cat'

Regards,
Andrei

Old 07-31-2010, 05:34 PM
Aaron Toponce

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:00:30PM +0530, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

Do you want a native GNU/Linux application, or an online streaming site?
Shoutcast isn't an installable application. Shoutcast is an online radio
streaming service.

If you want a good online radio, I recommend last.fm or blip.fm. If you
want a good installable application from the Debian repositories, then I
suggest the lastfm application, Banshee, Exaile or Amarok.

So, maybe you should clarify what you want?

Old 08-01-2010, 03:31 PM
yuanwei xu