-   -   need native app to listen to internet radios (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/405774-need-native-app-listen-internet-radios.html)

Madhurya Kakati 07-29-2010 04:30 PM

need native app to listen to internet radios

Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
prefer shoutcast.
Thanks

John Hasler 07-29-2010 04:39 PM

Madhurya Kakati writes:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

Tunapie2 works for me.
--
John Hasler

Andrei Popescu 07-29-2010 05:08 PM

On Jo, 29 iul 10, 22:00:30, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

I have no idea what shoutcast is (and I'm too lazy to google), but I
can't think of any reasonable music player with mp3 support[1] that
can't play internet streams. I have played around to various degrees
with:

mpd (music player daemon - using it right now with Radio Guerrilla - La
Unica Radio Con Cojones http://live.eliberadio.ro:8000 or 8002)
moc (music on console, executable 'mocp')
xmms (winamp clone, deprecated)
xmms2
audacious (sadly the only xmms/winamp clone left that I know of)
bmpx
mplayer
vlc
mpg123
mpg321

[1] that should exclude exclude things like 'cat' ;)

Regards,
Andrei

Aaron Toponce 07-31-2010 05:34 PM

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:00:30PM +0530, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Is there any good native linux app for streaming online radio? I
> prefer shoutcast.

Do you want a native GNU/Linux application, or an online streaming site?
Shoutcast isn't an installable application. Shoutcast is an online radio
streaming service.

If you want a good online radio, I recommend last.fm or blip.fm. If you
want a good installable application from the Debian repositories, then I
suggest the lastfm application, Banshee, Exaile or Amarok.

So, maybe you should clarify what you want?

yuanwei xu 08-01-2010 03:31 PM

need native app to listen to internet radios