Old 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Charles Kroeger

Default Amaya W3C Web browser and sid

Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?
I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:

~$ amaya
/usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to

I installed libraptor but got this:

libraptor1 is already the newest version.
libraptor1 set to manually installed.

I did remember installing it a while back, come to think of it.

Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?

thanks,

--
CK

Old 07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Jordon Bedwell

Is is possible to get amaya_wx-11.3.1-1_amd64.deb to run on sid?
I've installed it with dpkg but get the following error message:

~$ amaya
/usr/lib/Amaya/wx/bin/amaya_bin: error while loading shared libraries:
libraptor.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory to

I installed libraptor but got this:

libraptor1 is already the newest version.
libraptor1 set to manually installed.

I did remember installing it a while back, come to think of it.

Is it not functioning with apt setting it to manually installed?

thanks,

find / |grep libraptor

if you don't come up with it in lib then which ever one is there that
says "1" symlink libraptor.so.1 to it. Then go on about your way, or
you can download the source to amaya and compile it against your
libraptor install (which is what I recommend personally).

Archive: 4C508EF6.2050507@envygeeks.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C508EF6.2050507@envygeeks.com

Old 07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Jordan Metzmeier

Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Jordon Bedwell

if you don't come up with it in lib then which ever one is there that
says "1" symlink libraptor.so.1 to it. Then go on about your way, or
you can download the source to amaya and compile it against your
libraptor install (which is what I recommend personally).

Perhaps you wanted find's -name option? find / -name 'libraptor*'

- --
Jordan Metzmeier

I personally prefer to grep over find, but to each their own :P as each
have their own methods to do things that ultimately lead to the same
solution.