Old 07-28-2010, 03:11 PM
"H.S."

Default samba: mounting as cifs not working (works in Windows though)

I have a Debian machine running Unstable acting as a samba server. The
server was installed a few days ago after a reinstall of the OS. The
older installation's samba configs were backed up and restored after
installation.

The Samba shares are accessible if I access them from a Windows 7
client. The shares, however, cannot be accessed from a Debian client
(newly installed amd64 Testing). The error I get from the Debian client
is the following:

~$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o user=<username> //sambaserver/Share ~/mnt/Share
Password: .... <username's password here> ....
mount.cifs kernel mount options:
ip=192.168.0.8,unc=//sambaserver/Share,,ver=1,user=<username>,pass=********

mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I looked at the man page for mount.cifs and I have also tried the
following with the same results:
$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o user=SMBWG/<username> //sambaserver/Share
~/mnt/Share

(SMBWG is the workgroup)
$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o user=home.pvt/<username> //sambaserver/Share
~/mnt/Share

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

ever having been read.