Old 07-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Mathieu Malaterre

Default Checking burned image is ok

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to check I did burn my debian installer iso
properly. I am trying:

$ cmp /dev/cdrom debian-505-powerpc-netinst.iso

This works on CD-RW, but it fails on CD-R with the following:

cmp: /dev/cdrom: Input/output error

Has anyone seen this before ? How else could I check the CD-R is
actually properly burned ?

Thanks !
--
Mathieu