Old 07-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Alan Chandler

Default Depreciated warning I can't quite read

Seeing someone else ask a question about where boot messages are logged,
reminds me of an issue I have been wondering about for a few weeks

During bootup of my system, very early in the process, I am getting some
messages appear on the screen very briefly which mention

udevd
SYSFS
depreciated

Its a warning of some sort, but it flies past so fast that I can't
really read what it is saying.

This is my desktop system, which originally ran debian unstable - but a
couple of months ago I replaced unstable with squeeze in my sources.list
and have been allowing the system to migrate into that mode.

I am not sure if this message is a legacy, or everyone is seeing
something similar.

Anyone any idea what these messages might be and how I can rectify the
whatever it is complaining about (just being able to see what the
message says might also help).

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk