Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 AM
John Magolske

Default seeking mbox of debian-user from 7-10-2010 to 7-19-2010

Hi,

In the process of switching hosting providers I managed to interrupt
my email flow, so I'm missing debian-user mail from July 10-19.
Apparently mbox archives of this list are not available on-line:

Does anyone know if such mbox files are available anywhere? If not,
would anyone be interested in helping me out by sending (off-list) a
gzip'd mbox of debian-user from 7-10-2010 to 7-19-2010? (And if doing
so, maybe ping the list first or give me a heads-up & I'll ping the
list so multiple copies aren't sent...)

Regards,

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact

Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Camaleón

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 23:09:19 -0700, John Magolske wrote:

> In the process of switching hosting providers I managed to interrupt my
> email flow, so I'm missing debian-user mail from July 10-19. Apparently
> mbox archives of this list are not available on-line:

Indeed, it would be nice to have that option (getting the archived files
in mbox format).

> Does anyone know if such mbox files are available anywhere?

Gmane¹ does:

http://download.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/385898/386562

> If not,
> would anyone be interested in helping me out by sending (off-list) a
> gzip'd mbox of debian-user from 7-10-2010 to 7-19-2010? (And if doing
> so, maybe ping the list first or give me a heads-up & I'll ping the list
> so multiple copies aren't sent...)

"Majordomo" could be another option. Maybe you can request to the list
server it sends the losts e-mails :-?

¹ http://gmane.org/export.php

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Stan Hoeppner

John Magolske put forth on 7/27/2010 1:09 AM:
> Hi,
>
> In the process of switching hosting providers I managed to interrupt
> my email flow, so I'm missing debian-user mail from July 10-19.

http://www.hardwarefreak.com/deb-user-7.10-7.19.gz

Lemme know if you have any problems with it. It's a zipped Dovecot mbox file.
Should be fine. File size: 748K

--
Stan

Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM
John Magolske

* Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> [100727 06:07]:
> > Does anyone know if such mbox files are available anywhere?
>
> Gmane¹ does:
>
> http://download.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/385898/386562
>
> "Majordomo" could be another option. Maybe you can request to the
> list server it sends the losts e-mails :-?
>
> ¹ http://gmane.org/export.php

Thanks for pointing this out! I ended up wget'ing Stan's offering,
but this is a good option to know about.

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact