Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 AM
Long Wind

Default how do I know if CPU temperature exceed max limit

(sorry, this question isn't debian specific)
I have a P3/550, SECC2
I get its manual from Intel
It says max T junction is 80 C
The motherboard BIOS reports CPU temperature
but is the reported value equal to T junction?

Old 07-27-2010, 06:32 AM
Camaleón

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 01:56:29 -0400, Long Wind wrote:

> (sorry, this question isn't debian specific) I have a P3/550, SECC2
> I get its manual from Intel
> It says max T junction is 80 C
> The motherboard BIOS reports CPU temperature but is the reported value
> equal to T junction?

Mmm... I have heard that some motherboard manufacturers read "T case"
value instead "T junction" and display that number in the BIOS ("CPU
Temp").

You can also take a look into "lm-sensors", a nice tool for that, and
compare values from both sources.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón