Old 07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Panayiotis Karabassis

Default bind9 problems

Hi!

I have setup a local DNS server on my home network (bind9 on debian lenny).

The DNS server seems to be working fine when accessed directly (i.e.
through nslookup or by setting it as the primary nameserver for the
computer manually throught /etc/resolv.conf).

So I tried setting it as the primary nameserver for the router (and
rebooting the router).

However this does not work. On querying the router with nslookup the
request times out.

Thanks in advance!

Archive: 4C4D7805.7090308@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C4D7805.7090308@gmail.com

Old 07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Panayiotis Karabassis

Manuel Hofer wrote:

Hi,

are you maybe using your router as forwarder in your bind9 configuration?

regards

Thank you for your reply. No, I am using my ISP's nameservers.

A little more info. I followed the article at [1]. Minus the stuff about
chroot. If it would help I can post the related config files. My router
is an Asus WL-AM604g. I have mailed ASUS.

[1] http://wizbox.org/archives/343

Regards,
Panayiotis

Archive: 4C4D7F1A.3080406@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C4D7F1A.3080406@gmail.com