-   -   pick invalid ones from package list (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/404088-pick-invalid-ones-package-list.html)

T o n g 07-26-2010 01:20 AM

pick invalid ones from package list

Hi,

I'm wondering what's the best way to pick invalid package names from a
package list.

I am keeping a package list of my installed packages, but over the time,
package can be retired, obsoleted, or simple increase in version in its
name. I just want to pick out all those invalid ones.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Andrei Popescu 07-26-2010 06:43 AM

On Lu, 26 iul 10, 01:20:10, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what's the best way to pick invalid package names from a
> package list.
>
> I am keeping a package list of my installed packages, but over the time,
> package can be retired, obsoleted, or simple increase in version in its
> name. I just want to pick out all those invalid ones.

How are you creating that list?

Regards,
Andrei