Old 07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Bruno Costacurta

Default Missing /etc/init.d/functions

Hello,

/etc/init.d/functions is missing.
How / where to grab it ?

Thanks.

Bye,
Bruno

--
Linux Counter #353844
http://counter.li.org/

Archive: 20100723192957.70291myynoegfi5c@webmail.costacurta .org">http://lists.debian.org/20100723192957.70291myynoegfi5c@webmail.costacurta .org

Old 07-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Paul Cartwright

On Fri July 23 2010, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> /etc/init.d/functions is missing.
> How / where to grab it ?
>
> Thanks.
seems like it is a Mandrake file, I don't have that file on my Debian Lenny
System

http://openskill.info/infobox.php?ID=1081
Mandrake
/etc/init.d/rc.sysinit Large script, launched directly by init, that sets and
executes all the system initialization functions. It sources configuration
files in /etc/sysconfig/*) where user (and configuration tools) define
various system settings
/etc/init.d/functions General purpose functions used by every system script

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800

Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 07:29:57PM +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> /etc/init.d/functions is missing.
> How / where to grab it ?

Functions in it have rough equivalents in start-stop-daemon and friends.
You'll probably need to change the script. Look at other scripts under
/etc/init.d , and specifically /etc/init.d/skeleton .

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
tzafrir@debian.org | | friend

Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Bruno Costacurta

/etc/init.d/functions is missing.
How / where to grab it ?

Thanks.

seems like it is a Mandrake file, I don't have that file on my
Debian Lenny System

http://openskill.info/infobox.php?ID=1081
Mandrake
/etc/init.d/rc.sysinit Large script, launched directly by init, that sets and
executes all the system initialization functions. It sources configuration
files in /etc/sysconfig/*) where user (and configuration tools) define
various system settings
/etc/init.d/functions General purpose functions used by every system script

Indeed the script I was referring is a not a Debian script.
There is no /etc/init.d/functions file implemented in the Debian distro.

So solved.
Sorry for confusion.

Bye,
Bruno

--
Linux Counter #353844
http://counter.li.org/

Archive: 20100724092027.14032u9o178zxw74@webmail.costacurta .org">http://lists.debian.org/20100724092027.14032u9o178zxw74@webmail.costacurta .org

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 AM
Aaron Toponce

On 07/23/2010 11:29 AM, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> /etc/init.d/functions is missing.
> How / where to grab it ?

/etc/init.d/functions is a Red Hat developed script for SYSVR4 init on
GNU/Linux. It has carried on to other systems that use RPM as their
package backend.

If you want the Debian-equivalent (where the correct location _should_
be) check out /lib/lsb/init/functions and /etc/default/rcs. Also, don't
forget the directory configs under /etc/default/[service-name].

But really, /lib/lsb/init-functions in your direct equivalent to
/etc/init.d/functions in the Red Hat world.

Probably the best way to have found the file on your own, would be to
open an /etc/init.d/[service] file, and notice that most, if not all,
are sourcing /lib/lsb/init-functions and /etc/default/rcs.

--
. O . O . O . . O O . . . O .
. . O . O O O . O . O O . . O