-   -   python-twisted-core on my machines inexplicably still old, breaking installation of python-twisted (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/402830-python-twisted-core-my-machines-inexplicably-still-old-breaking-installation-python-twisted.html)

d8uv 07-22-2010 06:28 PM

python-twisted-core on my machines inexplicably still old, breaking installation of python-twisted

I need to install python-twisted, so...

$ sudo aptitude install python-twisted
[[...]]
python-twisted-mail: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
python-twisted-news: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
python-twisted-words: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
python-twisted-names: Depends: python-twisted-core (>= 10.1) but
10.0.0-3 is to be installed.
[[...]]

Oh. So it won't install python-twisted, because it depends on... hey,
wait a second... Let's check something...
http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-twisted-core says that the
latest version is 10.1.0-1...

$ sudo aptitude update
[[...]]
$ aptitude show python-twisted-core
Package: python-twisted-core
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 10.0.0-3
[[...]]

Huh. So aptitude, for some reason, still thinks that 10.0.0-3 is the
latest version. Which it -so- isn't. Why? Am I on some crappy mirror,
or is it because of rogue repositories?

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Ok, so I'm on the primary Debian mirror, it's been a day since the
upgrade, so any cron latency -should- be dealt with by now... and it's
still broken. I now officially have no clue what to do. Perhaps I
should try to post it onto a mailing list somewhere, maybe they can
help.

d8uv 07-22-2010 08:53 PM

[...]

$ apt-cache policy python-twisted-core
python-twisted-core:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 10.0.0-3
Version table:
10.0.0-3 0
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages

Huh. So aptitude, for some reason, still thinks that 10.0.0-3 is the
latest version. Which it -so- isn't. Why? Am I on some crappy mirror,
or is it because of rogue repositories?

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Ok, so I'm on the primary Debian mirror, it's been a day since the
upgrade, so any cron latency -should- be dealt with by now... and it's
still broken. I've even tried the above on a brand new install of
Debian Unstable, still to the same tune. I now officially have no clue
what to do. Perhaps the Server Fault people can help.