Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Default what backportes packages to get KSM on KVM

Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

I want to setup a Lenny system and take advantage of KVM's KSM.
I plan to use backport's kernel (2.6.32) but I guess I will need some
dependeing stuff:
- qemu-kvm?
- libvirt stuff
- what else?

If someone has ever tried.

Misaotra, Thanks, Merci.

+261 34 56 000 19

Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Daniel Bareiro

On Thursday, 22 July 2010 11:04:42 +0300,
Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:

> Manao ahoana, Hello, Bonjour,

Hi, Mihamina.

> I want to setup a Lenny system and take advantage of KVM's KSM.
> I plan to use backport's kernel (2.6.32) but I guess I will need some
> dependeing stuff:
> - qemu-kvm?
> - libvirt stuff
> - what else?
>
> If someone has ever tried.

I have understood that in addition to support from the kernel and
qemu-kvm, there must be support in libc. So in testing I was doing on
Lenny, it did not work. Now that squeeze is frozen, anyone knows if it
will support KSM?

Mihamina, had you any progress with this in Lenny?

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9 29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37