Old 07-21-2010, 11:36 PM
Ron Johnson

Default Transfering iceweasel bookmark files to new system

On 07/21/2010 05:33 PM, Kelly Clowers wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 15:00, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

[snip]

Reusing an in-place .mozilla/firefox tree when migrating from i386 to amd64
proved subtly problematic, though, in many ways.

What kind of problems? I don't remember having problems... although maybe
that was the 2.x era, or maybe I just don't remember it.

Subtle things like plugins not working properly.

--
Seek truth from facts.

Archive: 4C478482.8090400@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C478482.8090400@cox.net

Old 07-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:36:34 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 07/21/2010 05:33 PM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 15:00, Ron Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
>>> Reusing an in-place .mozilla/firefox tree when migrating from i386 to
>>> amd64 proved subtly problematic, though, in many ways.
>>
>> What kind of problems? I don't remember having problems... although
>> maybe that was the 2.x era, or maybe I just don't remember it.
>>

> Subtle things like plugins not working properly.

On default installations, Iceweasel plugins are installed in a common
path (such "/usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins") and not on each user's profile,
so AFAIK, moving/copying a profile (~./mozilla) should not interfere with
this.

Problems can arise when transferring profiles between different browser
releases, though.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón