On 07/21/2010 11:51 PM, François TOURDE wrote:
I think memory is not the reason, because some time ago I get broken
/etc/shells file also on another machine, which is running Lenny.
If you are so confident, why asking here?
I am not confident and I will do this tests (just need to buy cdrom
first), just expressed my opinion on this. I found also yesterday swp
files with keyboard logs (see my other mail).
1) Try memtest, it's a good idea.
Will do this evening.
2) Unplug you box from the net, to avoid more corruption
3) Check the syslog about disk errors
There are no.
4) Check colocs/friends/family for any acces to your box
5) Tell us more about software installed, especially non Debian packaged
Since i upgraded to squid I did not install something special. Before,
in lenny i did compile, packaged and installed several packages like
openttd with highres graphics patch, mozilla and its dependencies from
testing, also adobe flash from debian-non free and nvidia from debian
non-free are installed. That is all I remember right now.
6) If you are creationist, ask God
Will try, good idea
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org