-   -   usernames that start with capital letter? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/401340-usernames-start-capital-letter.html)

Ron Johnson 07-19-2010 06:16 PM

usernames that start with capital letter?

Why aren't they recommended?

$ sudo adduser Guest
[sudo] password for ron:
adduser: Please enter a username matching the regular expression
configured

via the NAME_REGEX configuration variable. Use the `--force-badname'
option to relax this check or reconfigure NAME_REGEX.

--
Seek truth from facts.

Archive: 4C44966C.2020204@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C44966C.2020204@cox.net

Nuno Magalhães 07-19-2010 06:28 PM

usernames that start with capital letter?

Hi,

'Cos *nix (or rather most typical *nix FSs) is case-sensitive and it
might generate confusion?

My 2¢

--
()* ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontra* html-a retpoŝto
/* ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail

Ron Johnson 07-19-2010 06:35 PM

usernames that start with capital letter?