Old 07-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Bernard Fay

Default amd64 does net detect my wired and wireless nic at installation

Hello everyone,

When I try to install amd64 (Debian 5.05) on my new laptop, a Lenovo x201 tablet. I wish to use amd64 because I have 8GB for RAM and I think 64-bit is now the way to go.* The installer does not detect neither my wired or wireless NIC.* The installer gives me a list of network adapter drivers, I select the the appropriate drivers but it keeps saying it cannot find the network hardware.

I tried Ubuntu amd64 and it was succesful but I would prefer to go with Debian.

Someone has a clue on this problem?

thanks,
Bernard

Old 07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Mathieu Malaterre

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Bernard Fay <bernard.fay@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> When I try to install amd64 (Debian 5.05) on my new laptop, a Lenovo x201

you meant : 5.0.5. In this case the default kernel is 2.6.26 (I believe).

> tablet. I wish to use amd64 because I have 8GB for RAM and I think 64-bit is
> now the way to go.* The installer does not detect neither my wired or
> wireless NIC.* The installer gives me a list of network adapter drivers, I
> select the the appropriate drivers but it keeps saying it cannot find the
> network hardware.
>
> I tried Ubuntu amd64 and it was succesful but I would prefer to go with
> Debian.

On a recent DELL Opteron I had to use a squeeze installer (kernel
2.6.32) to detect my intel network card.

HTH
--
Mathieu