-   -   Xorg vt07 is abnormal (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/401074-xorg-vt07-abnormal.html)

T o n g 07-19-2010 03:26 AM

Xorg vt07 is abnormal

Hi,

Due to some unknown error to me, having quit my malfunctioning X, my
startx can't get into vt07 any more, but only into vt08.

I.e., CTRL-ALT-F7 gives me a black text screen, while CTRL-ALT-F8 is my
started X.

startx -- :1

starts xorg in vt08 as well. If the vt08 is occupied, then I got the
following error:

----------------------------
$ sudo cat /var/log/Xorg.1.log
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.1.log" for additional
information.

(WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
(WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor

Also, under console doing "ps -eaf" doesn't show anything related to x.

How can I fix my current situation? Please help.

Thanks.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/