Old 07-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Ron Johnson

Default No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 07/17/2010 05:57 PM, Camaleón wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:13:35 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

On 07/17/2010 04:30 PM, Camaleón wrote:

Run "alsamixer" and check the volume for all the channels :-?

First thing I did.

Note, though, that for USB Audio there are only three channels: Bass,
Treble, PCM.

No "Master". That may very well be the problem, but I don't know what
to do about it.

Yep, but having no master channel should also make no sound for the rest
of the applications and not just Icewasel :-?

It's quite bizarre...

Wait, is the USB device a headset or an external sound card?

Speakers. But effectively big headsets.

I say that
beacuse of this:

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&q=firefox+flash+headset+sound+li nux&fp=6c67857170793776

They all reference asoundconf which has apparently been deprecated
for PA.

Maybe is not just Flash the only app having no sound in Iceweasel.

MP3s play just fine.

--
Seek truth from facts.

Archive: 4C423FAF.6020101@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C423FAF.6020101@cox.net