Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Ron Johnson

Default No sound from Flash, but other methods work well

On 07/17/2010 01:09 PM, Thierry Chatelet wrote:

On Saturday 17 July 2010 20:02:58 Ron Johnson wrote:

Hi,

Any thoughts on how to solve this would be much appreciated, since
otherwise my wife will insist on moving back to Windows.

Thanks

One solution will be to change your wife!!

Wanting to watch /Desperate Housewives/ at abc.com isn't really
specific to her.

Besides, my kids want to watch YouTube and play Flash games, and
trading them isn't really feasible.

--
Seek truth from facts.

Archive: 4C41F889.6020705@cox.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C41F889.6020705@cox.net

Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Kelly Clowers

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 11:02, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much without any
> luck.
>
> USB Audio
> 32-bit Sid
> ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
> Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
> Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
> vlc 1.1.0
> users are in group audio
>
> Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel. (Yes,
> Flash *video* works.)

Ah, Flash, one of the last two major realms of audio suckage (the other is
Wine, of course). I used to have that problem, and also sometimes Flash
audio working, but then nothing else would play.

Actually, I fixed it by using PulseAudio, but maybe you are one of those
against PA?

Of course, my Wine instance still refuses to play sound if any other audio
application is active (e.g. a music player playing or even a finished Flash
video, until you get rid of the Flash process).

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Camaleón

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:02:58 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> My Google-fu must not be up to snuff, because I've Googled much without
> any luck.
>
> USB Audio
> 32-bit Sid
> ALSA 1.0.23+dfsg-1
> Flash 10.1r53 (from adobe.com)
> Iceweasel 3.6.4-1 (experimental)
> vlc 1.1.0
> users are in group audio
>
> Sound plays fine from local sources but not from Flash/Iceweasel. (Yes,
> Flash *video* works.)
>
> Any thoughts on how to solve this would be much appreciated, since
> otherwise my wife will insist on moving back to Windows.

Maybe related to this?

***
Adobe Flash Player: does not produce audio on playback
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón