Old 07-17-2010, 05:23 AM
T o n g

Default Please help me test aufs

Hi,

The aufs is supposed to be able to unify several directories and
provide a merged single directory. but I found it doesn't work for me any
more.

If you have aufs enabled in your system, please help me test the
following command and post back your result:

mkdir /tmp/rw /tmp/aufs
mount -t aufs -o br=/tmp/rw:${HOME} none /tmp/aufs
mount -o remount,append:${HOME} /tmp/aufs

The command is taken from "4. Usage" section from
http://aufs.sourceforge.net/

Here is my error log:

% mount -t aufs -o br=/tmp/rw:${HOME} none /tmp/aufs
/sbin/mount.aufslink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl
for device

% mount -o remount,append:${HOME} /tmp/aufs
mount: can't find /tmp/aufs in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

I suspect that the error might be specific with my aufs build/distro.
Mine is:

aufs-modules-2.6.28-grml64_0+20090302-2+grml.03
aufs-tools_20100601-1

Please help.

Thanks

--