Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Sunita Barve

Default kernel panic error

I have been using debian 5.0.3. I had changed disk and had connected on two different machines. Now I am getting the following error

kinit: trying to resume from /dev/sda5
kinit:No resume image, doing normal boot...

Target filesystem doesnt have /sbin/init.
run-init: /bin/sh: No such file* or directory

[ 5.449855] Kernel Panic - not syncing : Attempted to kill init!

can anyone help me to sort out this error.

Thanks in advance,

--
Sunita Barve, Ph. D.
SIRC-In-Charge