Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Ilari Oras

Default Copying eth-settings

Hello,

I am using debian in my server. I got 2 ethernet ports, one for intra,
and another for ethernet.
Ethernet is using interface eth0 and intra is using eth1. I would like
to copy every settings in each start to eth0 from eth1, expect IP,
what I would like to have static.

Something extra and nice would be if iptables should keep FTP and SSH
open, everything else closed, expect from normal using (it got desktop
too).

Thanks,
Ilari Oras aka happosade

Archive: FBD9DC47-0DAB-4884-AEE1-AADB86082F6F@kapsi.fi">http://lists.debian.org/FBD9DC47-0DAB-4884-AEE1-AADB86082F6F@kapsi.fi

Old 07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Jo, 15 iul 10, 00:33:53, Ilari Oras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using debian in my server. I got 2 ethernet ports, one for
> intra, and another for ethernet.
> Ethernet is using interface eth0 and intra is using eth1. I would
> like to copy every settings in each start to eth0 from eth1, expect
> IP, what I would like to have static.

Have a look at /etc/network/interfaces and 'man interfaces'.

> Something extra and nice would be if iptables should keep FTP and
> SSH open, everything else closed, expect from normal using (it got
> desktop too).

I'm not exactly sure you understand the meaning of 'closed' in the
context of firewalls, but you might want to have a look at some firewall
builder tools, there are lots of them in Debian

Regards,
Andrei