Old 07-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Florian Kulzer

Default how to make iceweasel & icedove look as pretty as in gnome?

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 21:53:36 +0300, Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
> Is there a way?
> I tried by installing kde-config-gtk-style but both apps look terrible
> and they also don't exit properly.

Which themes did you try? I use "Clearlooks" from the package
gtk2-engines; it works without glitches on my KDE 4.4 desktop for all
the GTK applications that I use and I find it quite pleasant to look at.
According to the package description, Clearlooks is the default Gnome
theme, so I would assume that it makes ice(weasel|dove) under KDE look
the same as under Gnome.

--
Regards, |
Florian |

Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 AM
Γιώργος Πάλλας

On 07/14/2010 11:10 PM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 21:53:36 +0300, Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
>
>> Is there a way?
>> I tried by installing kde-config-gtk-style but both apps look terrible
>> and they also don't exit properly.
>>
> Which themes did you try? I use "Clearlooks" from the package
> gtk2-engines; it works without glitches on my KDE 4.4 desktop for all
> the GTK applications that I use and I find it quite pleasant to look at.
> According to the package description, Clearlooks is the default Gnome
> theme, so I would assume that it makes ice(weasel|dove) under KDE look
> the same as under Gnome.

Hmm.... Could you please send me the output of aptitude search gtk~i
You set the theme from System Settings -> Appearance -> Gtk themes etc?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 09:12:45 +0300, Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
> On 07/14/2010 11:10 PM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 21:53:36 +0300, Γιώργος *άλλας wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way?
> >> I tried by installing kde-config-gtk-style but both apps look terrible
> >> and they also don't exit properly.
> >>
> > Which themes did you try? I use "Clearlooks" from the package
> > gtk2-engines; it works without glitches on my KDE 4.4 desktop for all
> > the GTK applications that I use and I find it quite pleasant to look at.
> > According to the package description, Clearlooks is the default Gnome
> > theme, so I would assume that it makes ice(weasel|dove) under KDE look
> > the same as under Gnome.
>
> Hmm.... Could you please send me the output of aptitude search gtk~i

$ aptitude --disable-columns -F '%p %v' search 'gtk~i'
alsaplayer-gtk 0.99.80-5
gtk-qt-engine 1:1.1+svn5-4
gtk2-engines 1:2.20.1-1
gtk2-engines-pixbuf 2.20.1-1
ia32-libs-gtk 20090804
kde-config-gtk-style 1:1.1+svn5-4
libgpod4-nogtk 0.7.2-2+b1
libgtk2.0-0 2.20.1-1
libgtk2.0-bin 2.20.1-1
libgtk2.0-common 2.20.1-1
libgtkglext1 1.2.0-1.1
libgtkmm-2.4-1c2a 1:2.20.3-1
libgtkspell0 2.0.16-1
libwxgtk2.6-0 2.6.3.2.2-5
libwxgtk2.8-0 2.8.10.1-3
pinentry-gtk2 0.8.0-1
python-gtk2 2.17.0-2

> You set the theme from System Settings -> Appearance -> Gtk themes etc?

Yes, I do (the exact name is "GTK Styles and Fonts" on my system; I
assume that is what you mean). I select the "Use another style" option
in the "GTK Styles" panel and choose "Clearlooks" from the drop-down
combobox. "Clearlooks" became available in this combobox after I
installed the gtk2-engines package.

--
Regards, |
Florian |