Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Mark

Default Add audio to home video in Lenny?

Hi,

My family converted old home movies to a dvd disc not too long ago, but there is no audio, only video.* I thought it would be neat to add some music to the video, and was wondering what package should I use?* Based on my research it seems Kino might work but I wanted to see if anyone on this list had a recommendation before diving in.

Thank you,
Mark

Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Camaleón

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:54:50 -0700, Mark wrote:

> My family converted old home movies to a dvd disc not too long ago, but
> there is no audio, only video. I thought it would be neat to add some
> music to the video, and was wondering what package should I use? Based
> on my research it seems Kino might work but I wanted to see if anyone on
> this list had a recommendation before diving in.

Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or
OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media Player
counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).

For more complex projects, Cinelerra or Avidemux are also a good choice.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Mark

Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or

OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media Player

counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).

For more complex projects, Cinelerra or Avidemux are also a good choice.

Thank you, Camaleón.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:42 AM
Camaleón

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:16:17 -0700, Mark wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Camaleón wrote:
>

>> Besides Kino, for KDE you also have Kdenlive and for GNOME, PiTiVi or
>> OpenShot. These programs look quite similar to their Windows Media
>> Player counterpart (very easy to manage with basic functions).

Mmm, that should be read "Windows Movie Maker". I wrote it wrong.

> Thank you, Camaleón.

You're welcome.

Greetings,

--