Old 07-14-2010, 03:04 AM
T o n g

Default Mozilla MPlayer Plugin

Hi,

How can I install the MPlayer Plugin for Mozilla?

$ apt-cache search mozilla mplayer
mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

Since the 'mozilla-mplayer' is already obsolete, and there is no other
package I found doing this. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

How can I install the MPlayer Plugin for Mozilla?

$ apt-cache search mozilla mplayer
mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

Since the 'mozilla-mplayer' is already obsolete, and there is no other
package I found doing this. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Hi, "gecko-mediaplayer" is supposed to be the replacement, but several
other choices exist though vlc, totem or xine plugins.

Archive: 4C3D73AB.7070000@googlemail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C3D73AB.7070000@googlemail.com

Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 AM
"John A. Sullivan III"

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 10:22 +0200, tv.debian@googlemail.com wrote:
> Le 14/07/2010 05:04, T o n g wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How can I install the MPlayer Plugin for Mozilla?
> >
> > $ apt-cache search mozilla mplayer
> > mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla
> >
> > Since the 'mozilla-mplayer' is already obsolete, and there is no other
> > package I found doing this. I don't know what to do.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Hi, "gecko-mediaplayer" is supposed to be the replacement, but several
> other choices exist though vlc, totem or xine plugins.

I'll embarrass myself and expose my ignorance but why is mozilla-mplayer
obsolete? Thanks - John

Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM
"tv.debian@googlemail.com"

Le 14/07/2010 05:04, T o n g wrote:

Hi,

How can I install the MPlayer Plugin for Mozilla?

$ apt-cache search mozilla mplayer
mozilla-mplayer - MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

Since the 'mozilla-mplayer' is already obsolete, and there is no other
package I found doing this. I don't know what to do.

Thanks

Hi, "gecko-mediaplayer" is supposed to be the replacement, but several
other choices exist though vlc, totem or xine plugins.

I'll embarrass myself and expose my ignorance but why is mozilla-mplayer
obsolete? Thanks - John

I don't have an "official" explanation, but upstream website sure
doesn't show signs of a great activity...

http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/index.php

gecko-mediaplayer description says it's from the same author, surely he
had reasons to abandon mplayer plugin or just lost interest, asking him
is the best way to find out.

http://kdekorte.googlepages.com/gecko-mediaplayer