Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Anthony Campbell

Default xsane insisting on installing CUPS

I want to install xsane but it insists on replacing lprng with cups. I
don't want this. Can anyone suggest a way of getting xsane without cups?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
http://www.acampbell.org.uk - sample my ebooks

Old 07-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Jordan Metzmeier

Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Anthony Campbell

On 13 Jul 2010, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:

> On 07/13/2010 01:19 PM, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > I want to install xsane but it insists on replacing lprng with cups. I
> > don't want this. Can anyone suggest a way of getting xsane without cups?
> >

> > Anthony
> >

> It looks like cups is just a recommends. Try: aptitude -R install xsane.

Yes, you are right. Many thanks.

Anthony