Old 07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
T o n g

Default Control/change the apt caching server on the fly

Hi,

Instead of specifying the caching machine in a file like /etc/apt/
apt.conf.d/02proxy, is it possible to set the apt caching server via some
environment variable?

I want to find a way to setup my laptop so that it use my local caching
server at home, yet easily to switch to direct connection when elsewhere.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Liam O'Toole

On 2010-07-13, T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Instead of specifying the caching machine in a file like /etc/apt/
> apt.conf.d/02proxy, is it possible to set the apt caching server via some
> environment variable?
>
> I want to find a way to setup my laptop so that it use my local caching
> server at home, yet easily to switch to direct connection when elsewhere.

apt-get and aptitude respect the environment variables http_proxy and
ftp_proxy.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland