Old 07-13-2010, 02:16 PM
John Culleton

Default Versions of Debian

I see references to various versions of Debian, including Lenny
etc. For a 32 bit system, what is the latest stable and the
latest unstable version?
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press

Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
Jordan Metzmeier

Old 07-13-2010, 02:39 PM
"Jeremy T. Bouse"

John Culleton wrote:
> I see references to various versions of Debian, including Lenny
> etc. For a 32 bit system, what is the latest stable and the
> latest unstable version?

According to the Releases [1] page on the web site... Lenny is stable,
Squeeze is testing and Sid is always unstable...

1. http://www.debian.org/releases/

Old 07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Ma, 13 iul 10, 10:16:25, John Culleton wrote:
> I see references to various versions of Debian, including Lenny
> etc. For a 32 bit system, what is the latest stable and the
> latest unstable version?

Debian releases all architectures at once, which means a given
release/Debian version will be (mostly) the same in 32 bit or 64 bit.

Regards,
Andrei

Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Aaron Toponce

On 7/13/2010 8:50 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Debian releases all architectures at once, which means a given
> release/Debian version will be (mostly) the same in 32 bit or 64 bit.

Handle with care. The 'hppa' architecture, for example, will have far
fewer packages than 'x86' and 'amd64'. Keep in mind that not every
package in 'x86' is in ever other architecture.

--
. O . O . O . . O O . . . O .
. . O . O O O . O . O O . . O