Old 07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
PRAKHAR gaur

Default Problem with apt-get --SOLVED

Dear Liam,

apt-get used to work before so I was not able to figure out there might be a problem with the proxy.
Thanks for pointing me out in the right direction.
Solution:
I just added this line to my /etc/bash.bashrc

export http_proxy="http://usernameassword@proxyserver.netort/"

Thanking you,
Prakhar Gaur

Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Liam O'Toole

On 2010-07-13, PRAKHAR gaur <prakhar_aaidu16@hotmail.com> wrote:
> --_7a55ae90-0232-4da2-b05b-00081b0cad13_
>

> Dear Liam=2C=20
>
> apt-get used to work before so I was not able to figure out there might be =
> a problem with the proxy.

Probably one of your configuration files was replaced during the
upgrade. The original will have been preserved with the extension
.dpkg-old.

> Thanks for pointing me out in the right direction.
> Solution:
> I just added this line to my /etc/bash.bashrc
>
> export http_proxy=3D"http://usernameassword@proxyserver.netort/"

You might also add:

export ftp_proxy=$http_proxy

You never know when you might need it.