FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Liam O'Toole
 
Default Eclipse And CDT / Subclispe Do Not Longer Work

On 2010-07-13, Michael Ott <michael@king-coder.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A few days ago I upgrade eclipse to 3.5.2-5. After that CDT and
> Subclipse does not longer work.
>
> I reinstalled CDT and Eclipse but no changes. Does anyone have the same
> problem?
>

I had the same problem. After the upgrade, none of the user-installed
plugins worked. I tried moving ~/.eclipse, ~/workspace and re-installing
the plugins. No luck. Then I tried purging and re-installing the eclipse
packages. Still no luck. Each time the plugins appeared to install
correctly, but upon restarting eclipse the functionality they provide
would not be available (although the plugins themselves would be listed
correctly).

I found that very frustrating, so I downloaded vanilla eclipse from
eclipse.org and started again. So far so good: all of the plugins
"stick" after installing them and I am productive again.

I would be interested to hear of any better solution you might find.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: slrni3o9ok.4mu.liam.p.otoole@dipsy.selfip.org">htt p://lists.debian.org/slrni3o9ok.4mu.liam.p.otoole@dipsy.selfip.org
 
Old 07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
deloptes
 
Default Eclipse And CDT / Subclispe Do Not Longer Work

Liam O'Toole wrote:

> On 2010-07-13, Michael Ott <michael@king-coder.de> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> A few days ago I upgrade eclipse to 3.5.2-5. After that CDT and
>> Subclipse does not longer work.
>>
>> I reinstalled CDT and Eclipse but no changes. Does anyone have the same
>> problem?
>>
>
> I had the same problem. After the upgrade, none of the user-installed
> plugins worked. I tried moving ~/.eclipse, ~/workspace and re-installing
> the plugins. No luck. Then I tried purging and re-installing the eclipse
> packages. Still no luck. Each time the plugins appeared to install
> correctly, but upon restarting eclipse the functionality they provide
> would not be available (although the plugins themselves would be listed
> correctly).
>
> I found that very frustrating, so I downloaded vanilla eclipse from
> eclipse.org and started again. So far so good: all of the plugins
> "stick" after installing them and I am productive again.
>
> I would be interested to hear of any better solution you might find.
>

Which build do you have?

I'm using Build id: 20100218-1602

no issues

regards


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: i1i92e$baa$1@dough.gmane.org">http://lists.debian.org/i1i92e$baa$1@dough.gmane.org
 
Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Liam O'Toole
 
Default Eclipse And CDT / Subclispe Do Not Longer Work

On 2010-07-13, deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Liam O'Toole wrote:
>
>> On 2010-07-13, Michael Ott <michael@king-coder.de> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> A few days ago I upgrade eclipse to 3.5.2-5. After that CDT and
>>> Subclipse does not longer work.
>>>
>>> I reinstalled CDT and Eclipse but no changes. Does anyone have the same
>>> problem?
>>>
>>
>> I had the same problem. After the upgrade, none of the user-installed
>> plugins worked. I tried moving ~/.eclipse, ~/workspace and re-installing
>> the plugins. No luck. Then I tried purging and re-installing the eclipse
>> packages. Still no luck. Each time the plugins appeared to install
>> correctly, but upon restarting eclipse the functionality they provide
>> would not be available (although the plugins themselves would be listed
>> correctly).
>>
>> I found that very frustrating, so I downloaded vanilla eclipse from
>> eclipse.org and started again. So far so good: all of the plugins
>> "stick" after installing them and I am productive again.
>>
>> I would be interested to hear of any better solution you might find.
>>
>
> Which build do you have?
>
> I'm using Build id: 20100218-1602

I'm using "Eclipse Classic 3.6.0":

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-classic-360/heliosr

>
> no issues

Good!

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: slrni3pfg2.4mu.liam.p.otoole@dipsy.selfip.org">htt p://lists.debian.org/slrni3pfg2.4mu.liam.p.otoole@dipsy.selfip.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:19 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org