Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
AG

Default Recovering deleted items once Kmail trash is emptied

Hi

Is there anyway of recovering items that have been deleted by "emptying"
KMail's trash folder?

I suspect not, and certainly the KMail manual suggests that once it's
gone, it's gone. However, ever hopeful, I thought that someone here may
have a trick or two up their sleeve.

Thanks for any advice.

AG

Archive: 4C3B183D.9080103@gmail.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C3B183D.9080103@gmail.com

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Camaleón

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:27:25 +0100, AG wrote:

> Is there anyway of recovering items that have been deleted by "emptying"
> KMail's trash folder?
>
> I suspect not, and certainly the KMail manual suggests that once it's
> gone, it's gone. However, ever hopeful, I thought that someone here may
> have a trick or two up their sleeve.

It will depend on the filesystem... and a bit of luck.

You can give PhotoRec¹ a try, which is included in SystemRescue CD².

¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoRec
² http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SystemRescueCD

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Carl Johnson

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:27:25 +0100, AG wrote:
>
>> Is there anyway of recovering items that have been deleted by "emptying"
>> KMail's trash folder?
>>
>> I suspect not, and certainly the KMail manual suggests that once it's
>> gone, it's gone. However, ever hopeful, I thought that someone here may
>> have a trick or two up their sleeve.
>
> It will depend on the filesystem... and a bit of luck.
>
> You can give PhotoRec¹ a try, which is included in SystemRescue CD².
>
> ¹ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhotoRec
> ² http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SystemRescueCD

PhotoRec is also available from debian as part of the testdisk
package.
--
Carl Johnson carlj@peak.org

Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 PM