Old 07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Jim Pazarena

Default basic installation question x 2

I'm new to Debian, and would like to give it serious consideration.
I'm from a FreeBSD camp, so the differences are enough to
challenge me.

Two questions.

(a) is it possible to avoid/cancel the initial request for a user name
(other than root)?
My goal is to have an install routine which _after_ the base install
creates all the users I need, possibly in non-default locations.

(b) is there any benefit to loading all the DVD's? Compared to DVD1
and then grabbing software via the 'net?
The part I don't like about all DVDs is that once you do that, the
apt-get tells you to "insert disk X", which is a nuisance.

Thanks.