Old 07-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Stephen Fishpaste

Default Clarification: Opinions & why: What's the best DVD setup for Debian AMD64 system

> Well that took care of the worst of the flash issues. I suppose I will
> just have to wait until Adobe gets their crap together & realizes that
> Linux users are a rapidly growing percentage of the software using
> market. The results arw that using the 32bit libs plays the video
> streams; but there is a lot of flickering caused by the browser allowing
> bleed thru of some of the webpage content that is not part of the video
> stream. Seems it cant tell the movie from the ads that are flashed based
> on the web page & tries to play the all as a single stream. Iceweasel
> that is.
> Thanks.
> John

If you need an up-to-date Flash Player for a web browser you could use
Google-Chrome Unstable. It has the latest Flash incorporated into the
browser. I'd check it out and see if things improve with it. No guarantee of
course. ;-D

I'm running it now on Lenny; no complaints.