Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
David Baron

Default Spamassassin Cutoff

Where might I set the cutoff number of points of spamassassin? Currently
(defaults to) 5 and I get a lot of false alarms at 5.2, for example.

Alternatively, where might I lower the points for its internal ruleset?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Camaleón

On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 14:56:25 +0300, David Baron wrote:

> Where might I set the cutoff number of points of spamassassin? Currently
> (defaults to) 5 and I get a lot of false alarms at 5.2, for example.

Uusually (it varies depending on you setup) under "/etc/mail/spamassassin/
local.cf"

required_score 6

> Alternatively, where might I lower the points for its internal ruleset?

Read here:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/tests_3_2_x.html

Although I have the scores adjusted also under "local.cf".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 07-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Gregory Seidman

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 02:56:25PM +0300, David Baron wrote:
> Where might I set the cutoff number of points of spamassassin? Currently
> (defaults to) 5 and I get a lot of false alarms at 5.2, for example.
>
> Alternatively, where might I lower the points for its internal ruleset?

You can do both in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs

Syntax examples:

required_hits 5

score PGP_SIGNATURE -0.5
score MIME_HTML_ONLY 2