Old 07-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Rick Pasotto

Default linux twitter client that does search?

Is there a twitter client that will give me recent tweets containing a
certain hashtag? The twitter site itself has become unusable because of
that scrolling marquee.

--
"Imagine a world with no religion. Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11,
no 7/7, no Crusades, no Indian partition, no Israeli/ Palestinian wars,

Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Noah Meyerhans

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 02:45:36PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> Is there a twitter client that will give me recent tweets containing a
> certain hashtag? The twitter site itself has become unusable because of
> that scrolling marquee.

I maintain choqok for debian. It's a good, featureful client for
twitter and identi.ca. It's written for KDE, but should work elsewhere.
It's not in lenny, but is in testing and unstable.

noah

Old 07-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Rick Pasotto

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 08:49:14PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 02:45:36PM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > Is there a twitter client that will give me recent tweets containing a
> > certain hashtag? The twitter site itself has become unusable because of
> > that scrolling marquee.
>
> I maintain choqok for debian. It's a good, featureful client for
> twitter and identi.ca. It's written for KDE, but should work elsewhere.
> It's not in lenny, but is in testing and unstable.

Looks like that would do the job but anytime I try to install/upgrade a
kde program, aptitude wants to remove half the kde system. I just gave
aptitude a list of all the kde programs available for upgrade and the
result was '95 packages upgraded, 153 newly installed, 56 to remove'
including the removal of kde-core.

Maybe one of these days I'll feel comfortable letting aptitude do what
it wants with kde.

--
"How is it that hardly any religion has looked at science and concluded,
'This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our

Old 07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
T o n g

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 22:06:06 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> Looks like that would do the job but anytime I try to install/upgrade a
> kde program . . .

Don't know your attitude towards CLI tools. Have you look for such tools
in CPAN?

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/