Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Paul Scott

Default wifi obtaining IP address

Debian sid.

A little over a week ago my laptop stopped being able to complete a connection. I am using an
Orinoco Silver (Hermes chipset)
The failure is the well-known "unable to obtain IP address." I have used both wicd and
Gnome Network Manager. iwlist and wifi-radar can see the access point. dhclient also fails.

TIA for any ideas as to how to diagnose and solve this,

Paul Scott