FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM
"Gary L. Roach"
 
Default password memory

I have a Win2K machine and a linux sqeeze machine both running mozella
5.0 (Firefox and Iceweasel). The Win2K machine remembers password
inromation to my Amazon.com account (as an example) but the linux
machine doesn't. I've checked all of the mozella settings and can't find
any difference. Any suggestions. I need to get this resolved so I can
ditch the Win2K machine.


Thanks in advance

Gary R.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4C321A4E.8040402@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C321A4E.8040402@verizon.net
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Bob Proulx
 
Default password memory

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I have a Win2K machine and a linux sqeeze machine both running mozella
> 5.0 (Firefox and Iceweasel). The Win2K machine remembers password
> inromation to my Amazon.com account (as an example) but the linux
> machine doesn't. I've checked all of the mozella settings and can't find
> any difference. Any suggestions. I need to get this resolved so I can
> ditch the Win2K machine.

It seems to me that even though you checked and didn't see any
differences that one of them isn't set to remember passwords or has
previousy been told not to remember passwords from amazone.

Edit, Preferences, Security, verify that "Remember passwords for
sites" is checked. Then click "Exceptions..." verify that amazon
isn't in the list of "Passwords for the following sites will not be
saved:". Perhaps even select "Remove All" there to ensure this.

Bob
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
"Gary L. Roach"
 
Default password memory

Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list is
empty. No joy. Any other ideas?


Gary R.

On 07/05/2010 10:28 PM, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

Re: password memory



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4C3366E6.1040309@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C3366E6.1040309@verizon.net
 
Old 07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Andrei Popescu
 
Default password memory

On Ma, 06 iul 10, 10:24:54, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list
> is empty. No joy. Any other ideas?

Move the .mozilla directory somewhere else and retry or just creat a new
account. If it works you'll know it's something in the user
configuration.

Regards,
Andrei
--
Offtopic discussions among Debian users and developers:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/listinfo/d-community-offtopic
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM
Joe
 
Default password memory

On 06/07/10 18:24, Gary L. Roach wrote:

Sorry but the save password option is checked and the exception list is
empty. No joy. Any other ideas?

Is it configured to clear the browsing history on closing? There are
several options, and one of them is saved passwords.


--
Joe


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4C3399BC.9040200@jretrading.com">http://lists.debian.org/4C3399BC.9040200@jretrading.com
 
Old 07-06-2010, 09:02 PM
"Gary L. Roach"
 
Default password memory

I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon. I
don't think this is unique to the Amazon account. I don't wish to try
with other accounts until I can get Amazon to work. My Win2K systems
work fine.


Gary R.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

Archive: 4C3399D2.8060605@verizon.net">http://lists.debian.org/4C3399D2.8060605@verizon.net
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Bob Proulx
 
Default password memory

Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
> add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
> one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
> other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon. I
> don't think this is unique to the Amazon account. I don't wish to try
> with other accounts until I can get Amazon to work. My Win2K systems
> work fine.

I just wanted to add the datapoint that I have a machine running
Squeeze/Sid and Firefox/Iceweasel remembers Amazon passwords just fine
for me. Whatever it is it isn't a problem with Iceweasel in Squeeze,
Sid, GNOME or KDE or there would be zillions of reports of it. But I
don't have any more suggestions for you as to how to debug further.
Sorry.

Bob
 
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Matthew Moore
 
Default password memory

On Tuesday July 6 2010 3:02:10 pm Gary L. Roach wrote:
> I tried moving the .mozilla file. It didn't change the behavior. I might
> add that I have 2 computers running Linux, one with Debian stable and
> one with Debian testing (sqeeze). One is using the Gnome desktop and the
> other KDE. Neither system remembers the login / passwords for Amazon.

Do they remember passwords for other sites? Are you referring to the
"remember passwords" option *within* firefox/iceweasel, or the "remember
password" checkbox on the website?

MM


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
Archive: 201007061650.42465.anonymous.jondoe@gmail.com">htt p://lists.debian.org/201007061650.42465.anonymous.jondoe@gmail.com
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:29 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org